Adding a Data Model
Data modeling is core to the development process. As our understanding of the problem changes, so must our implementation.
hof has a data modeling system where you
- define you data models in CUE
- generate types, database tables, and API resources
- checkpoint the data model and maintain a history
- have the entire history available for generating migrations and tranformations
This section expands on our
simple-server to use
We will generate Go types and a simple library around a Go map for storage.
CRUD routes are also generated from the same datamodel as a
Resource in API terminology.
You will see how to customize both the code and the data model.
The full code for this section can be found on GitHub code/first-example/adding-a-datamodel
Database storage and automatic CRUD handler generation will be covered in more advanced sections.
- Schema - for the Data Model
- Generating Types - for the server
- API Resources - from Data Models
- Custom Code - for Implementing Resource Handlers
- Relations - between types
- Checkpointing - the Data Model
dev note, swap todos for CUE values?
- add extra section here for interesting CUE routes we could use?