Large Language Models (LLM) are an inflection point in computing. The represent significant advancements and automation for tasks. Generating code is among them and there are many interesting topics at the intersection of LLMs and Hof.
hof chat command is and early preview for interacting with hof using natural language prompts.
You can already use this to:
- Talk with ChatGPT from the command line or vim
- Talk with Hof data models (full demo coming soon :)
where we are going
We see Hof + LLM as better than either on their own.
LLMs provide for natural language interfaces to all things Hof
We are building a future where LLM powered Hof is your coding assistant, allowing you to use the best interface (LLM, IDE, low-code) for the task at hand.
Hof simplifies code gen with LLMs
Hof’s deterministic code gen means that the LLMs only have to generate the data models and extra configuration needed for generators. This has many benefits.
- The task for the LLM is much easier and they can do a much better job.
- The code generation is backed by human written code, so no hallucinations.
- The same benefits for generating code at scale with Hof.
Other places we see LLMs helping Hof
- importing existing code to CUE & Hof
- automatically transforming existing code to hof generators
- filling in the details and gaps in generated code
- in our premium user interfaces for low-code (these are more the multi-modal models, which come after LLMs, think Google Gemini)